AO-40 (sobsob)  every once in a great while I'll throw a little RF at it, just
in case.

73 Bob W7LRD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Art McBride" <kc6...@cox.net>
To: w...@montana.com, amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:10:12 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: My $0.02 worth

While we are collecting cents!
AO-40 a HEO was available for up to 12 hours each pass. Doppler and antenna
pointing happened slowly for most of the pass. I had one antenna on a step
ladder the other on a tripod. A slight adjustment every half hour was all
that was needed. I worked 10 foreign countries and all across the US. I
could set up and work at my leisure as many Stations as I wanted to. 1/2 to
one hour QSO's were common. It was not rush and set up your gear have a 5
minute hair raising QSO experience, controlling Doppler on two frequencies
using one knob, or throwing out a perfectly good operating radio because the
computer control doesn't work.
Art,
KC6UQH