I heard a mix.  Often name or location, sometimes the call sign or parts of it.
 He did my suffix, then the whole call on the return, along with the location
(state only).  It was usually pretty clear who he was talking to but I can see
how there is room for improvement.

The main problem I had was not knowing when he was done with the previous QSO,
as he never prompted with QRZ, and only 73'd the previous caller about a third
of the time.

Greg  KO6TH