I have one; what would you like to know about it (never having been on a
DXpedition myself)?

I find it is a very good all-in-one GPS.  I use it in the car, on hikes, etc.
It's small enough to fit in my pocket, and big enough to see what's on the
screen when driving.  I found that one of those big black spring clips works
well on the dash air vent, with the GPS back's clip carefully threaded through
the spring handle.  Battery life is pretty good (I use 2450mah NiMH batteries
in it).  I bought mine a number of years ago, swallowed hard and bought the
maps too; the base map that comes with it is NOT sufficient for most navigation
purposes.  Recently I found an on-line site that has a number of topo maps that
work with it too, so it appears to be actively supported by the community.
Also a lot of "points of interest" that you can download.  There's a GeoCaching
"app" built in, for those into that sort of thing.

The interface to the outside world is USB only (no serial or bluetooth), so
that's a big downside if you want to do APRS with it.  I decided that the
advantages of the unit far outweighed that negative, meaning I'd have to buy
another GPS something for APRS.  (Ended up buying a little GPS module from
Sparkfun for APRS work with my D7).

The only problem I have with it is that the glue that holds the rubber band
that rings the unit has failed, and the rubber is sort of floating around the
outside.  It seems to have stretched, though I have no idea why.  Maybe the
rubber and the glue were incompatible.  Oh, also the internal barometric
altimeter is great when it's calibrated, but the automatic calibration often
gets confused and puts me at some really wacko elevation.  I wish the priority
went to the GPS Altimeter, with the analog one only coming into play on request.

Enjoy the new toy,

Greg  KO6TH