Zack,

I used to have a old Garmin GPSIII that would display maidenhead grids.
Used it when I would rover in the VHF contests.  Very simple to use and
very very cheap now on the used market.  It's OLD technology but I don't
think anyone will fault you for using it even if it isn't as accurate.
It'll get you close enough and to me as long as it shows the grid that
you are passing out on the screen then you've made a "good faith" effort
to do things right.

BTW: Nice to work you on SO-50 the other night.  QSL will be in the mail.

73 Matt
W5LL