Zack,

> I have the D7A (full duplex), but I don’t like the receiver sensitivity.  I
> went back to using one THG71 for the down and the D7 for the up.  The other
> thing I don't like about the D7 is you have to switch between back and forth
> between band A and B to adjust doppler.  I would probably not recommend the
> D7 for satellite work.  I have heard things about the D72.

If someone is looking for a single HT for full-duplex satellite work, I would
recommend the D7 despite having to switch VFOs for Doppler adjustments.
I have the TH-D72A, which works the same way as the TH-D7 regarding
the need to jump between the two VFOs to adjust the receiver.  It's a small
nuisance, but a small price to pay for not having to deal with two radios
when working full-duplex on FM satellites.  I've picked up a couple of old
D7s (one appears to be a TH-D7A(G), and the other may be an original
TH-D7A), that I hope to get new battery packs for and make a couple of
FM satellite stations when combined with Elk antennas.

Your TH-G71A is a good dual-band HT.  Not capable of full-duplex operation,
but worked well for me using groups of memory channels for FM satellites.
The receiver was pretty good, and some would notice that I changed to a
different radio from my normal radios when I used that HT.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/