Simple answer...FM rigs will tend to "chirp" as you key the mic line as
the VCO pulls onto frequency...crystal matrix FM radios such as the old
Standard will be T-9...

The purists will cry about the chirpy signal...but, most people who work
CW on satellites would relish a new operator/contact even if they were QLF.

That being said...I have works scores of stations with my own "chirpy"
signal and even have received some polite 599's back.

Roger Kolakowski
WA1KAT