I'm not sure how worried people are over 420 - 430 since there's parts of
the US you can't operate in those 10 megs. Down there from what I
understand, though I could be wrong, is amateur TV. The important thing is
we don't lose the 430 - 440 segment because that's where a lot of activity,
satellite links included, happens on 70cm. Taking away 450 - 470mhz would
also essentially kill both the FRS and GMRS bands as well which, while not
always hams, is regularly used by thousands of people.

~73, AC2RF Ron