Wow, Dave, did you know that they close down DVNP after Easter for
the rest of the summer?  It can reach +125F or higher at Easter so be
prepared with lots of water.  I loved to visit Bodie and Scottie's
Castle.  I lived in Barstow 1971-1976.  The desert was my playground
with my old 66 GMC suburban V6.

But been there, done that, and don't miss it! ;-)  GL on the sats!

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 09:13 AM 4/21/2011, David Palmer wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Early next week (April 25th) I'll be taking my brother on a tour of
>the remote backroads of Death Valley National Park, and I'll bring my
>portable satellite station along.  This will primarily be a camping
>and sightseeing trip, but I'll try to be on a number of
>morning/evening passes of the linear and FM sats.  My tentative plan
>for now is the following locations and grids:
>
>Sun pm / Mon am:  Bodie ghost town or Mono Lake in DM08 on Sunday,
>Bishop area DM07 Monday.
>Mon pm / Tue am:  Eureka Dunes in DM17
>Tue pm / Wed am:  Racetrack Playa in DM16
>Wed pm / Thu am:  Furnace Creek in DM16
>
>My actual real-time location will be updated with the SPOT tracker,
>you can find the link on my QRZ page.
>
>73 de Dave KB5WIA

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45