Ed,

     I have not done it yet, but the parts are in the shack:
        I will be installing two buffer IF amps on the IC-910H. These
will feed my SDR-IQ (main and sub rx) . This was my original thought.
However, I also ordered a FM filter for my K3, and I will simply have
the K3 monitor the IF tap of the main receiver of the IC-910H. One
annoyance to me is the +/- 1 kHz RIT of the IC-910H. Not good enough
when chasing some non computer assisted folks on the birds (ssb/cw).
With the K3, I then would have essentially an unlimited RIT just from
the tuning control.

     There, now that I explained it, I had better warm up the iron right?

             tom K8TB