Fonfident what everyone needs is another opinion, I am going to throw my two
cents in: I don't see beaconing any more as brodcasting than calling CQ.
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] on behalf of
Daniel Lind [kf1...@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 June 2011 22:42
To: 'Jeremy Bomkamp'; amsat-bb@amsat.org; 'Kevin Deane'
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Broadcasting

All,
 If I am broadcasting with my beacon on, I am sorry, if I see a friend pop
on and I send him a message, sorry again.

I am a newish ham and built my own cable to make my ft7800 able to do
packet. No my car it has a tiny track and as it is parked it sends out a
burst, just like all the aprs repeaters on 144.390 broadcasting away to any
one who will listen.

I am thinking that if you are upset that I am taking the seconds away from
you at 5am PST to send a message on something that I built and out the J
pole I made. Again I am sorry, but I think that isn't the issue. It's the
fact that we are doing it with low end equipment that a Tech license allows
us to use.
  When the new crew arrive on the 9th, there will be 2 more ham guys, and
you can bet your $$$$$$$$ equipment that I will take out my ft 60 and make a
nice QSO like I have before.

Sorry for the rant but, there ya have it.

PM me if you really have any issues.

Daniel
KF1BUZ