At 05:10 AM 6/28/2011, R Oler wrote:

>What is to prevent someone from designating themselves "net
>control"?  sorry this plan is doomed Robert Oler WB5MZO Live member
>ARRL AMSAT NARS

Ah you are inventing problems.  The "real NC" would quickly assert
their position.  There are lots of nets held on ham radio...how often
do others claim to be net control...virtually never.  If you are
saying someone will cause malicious interference, there is no cure
other than peer pressure and official FCC action.

The way to introduce Net Controlled passes is to do it in advance of
FD.  In fact the idea might catch on when folks find it manages the
typical "FM chaos" that reigns currently.

I propose there be a Net Day every month on certain FM satellites
starting with AO-51, if it is healthy enough. Good practise for a
real "emergency comm" situation.  There are ARES Nets held regularly
all over the nation on VHF/UHF... why not on satellite?

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 50-1.1kw?, 144-1.4kw, 432-100w, 1296-60w, 3400-?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@gmail.com