Hi Jerry!

You said:

> If You are trying to confirm four courners , It's going to take You several
> minutes to correctly confirm 4 different coordinates . Just a thought .

Dave will only need to have the GPS at *one* location, which will be
the intersection of the 4 grids (40 degrees North, 124 degrees West).
As long as elements of his station are placed in all 4 grids around
the intersection, he should be fine.  As he mentioned yesterday, he
is in contact with the ARRL Awards Desk to ensure that his station
would meet with their approval - if they chose to review his operation.

Even if the GPS has been powered on for 20 to 30 minutes, it will
probably take some amount of time to get the display to show the
"all zeroes" readout - and have it stay that way long enough for
the photos and/or video per the VUCC rules.  I ran into that issue
last year near Chicago, trying to get my GPS receiver to stabilize
on the "all zeroes" display for a 4-grid intersection near the site of
the AMSAT Symposium (EN51/EN52/EN61/EN62, west of O'Hare
airport) long enough for the two photos.  I had it powered on for
some time, but it's like interior decorating - move the station a
little this way, then a little that way, make sure the accuracy
figure stays below 20 feet, quickly get the camera to snap the
photos, and hope they are not blurry.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/