From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Patrick STODDARD
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2011 6:56 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] ARISSat-1 in Arizona @ 1332 UTC

Hi!

This was my first attempt on this satellite. CW telemetry at 145.920 was
easy to copy, and I hear CW and SSB through the transponder. It wasn't hatd
to hear the transponder after the satellite was up a few degrees from the
horizon, and I heard my own CW near mid-pass. Maximum elevation here was 33
degrees.

Above 20 or so degrees elevation, I could hear my CW. Near the midpoint, I
briefly heard myself in SSB. Fading is there, but having to adjust my VFO
more often than working VO52 makes this bird more of a challenge.

Although I didn't complete a QSO, I think I heard KN6ZA in CW. I know I
clearly heard AA5PK in SSB starting around 1337-1338 UTC. I will try again
on the next pass at 1508-1517 UTC.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/