On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:47:09 -0400
Ben Jackson <b...@innismir.net> wrote:

> I open source my software. Why? Because I /know/ my code is horrid.
> Nowhere to go but up.

You know, I was going to say the exact thing.  I know my code is pretty
horrible in places, but the more people that say "that bit is horrible, it
should be like *this*" the better my coding gets.  I'm still just learning.
I've only been at it for 25 years, and I doubt I'll ever stop just learning.

> > If HRD was open sourced, I guarantee the satellite tracking piece
> > would work perfectly for all radios because we would have fixed it.
>
> However, that's a big statement to make. Getting an active development
> community around you codebase is a bit difficult. There is no way to
> guarantee such things.

Well the first thing to do would be to remove the existing radio controlling
code and offload that to hamlib, if it doesn't already...

--
Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ <gordon...@gjcp.net>