Ok I started working the problem tonight. I would first like to thank, Al
Wa4sca, Stan W1le, and Jeff N3qo, for some ideas on what the problem might
be. What I found so far is an open between 4  5 and 6. Any combination of
the three is open. So I'm assuming I burned out the motor windings in the
azimuth rotor to cause an open. I'm also assuming as the rotor is less than
3 years old that it doesn't have a fused link? I went through my parts bin
and found a working Yaesu G-450 rotor. I wonder if the 450 and the 5500
azimuth rotor use the same motor, did anyone try this?

73 Jeff kb2m