PACIFICON in Santa Clara was a blast! Had a great time.

Arrived Friday mid-day - in plenty of time to work AO-51 at 4:30PM PDT.

Saturday, of course, was non-stop fun. Gordo emcee'd breakfast. I gave my
satellite show twice - right before and right after lunch. Standing room only
group of 56 attendees for the first show. About 47 for the second show. Then we
worked passes outside: A0-27 "showed up" mid-pass for us at about 245PM PDT.
Then AO-51 again for a GREAT pass at about 3:53PM PDT.

The event didn't formally get a request in to work Commander Fossom aboard the
ISS for his 3:06AM PDT pass on early Saturday morning ... He worked a Scout
group FIVE MINUTES before streaking across Santa Clara - but his radios were
already turned OFF for a while. BUT our group of several
kids/Scouts/parents/hotel security staff enjoyed a video I had set up on
Fossum's NASA career, and we all had a great time - albeit 3 o'clock in the
morning ... (grin)

The PACIFICON organization is a first-class group. They treat their speakers
well ... offer all aspects of the hobby to their attendees ... and gave it all
to us in a comfortable venue (Santa Clara Marriott). They will be hosting the
NATIONAL ARRL Convention next year!

The organizers gave me a table right inside the front door of the exhibition
hall - couldn't have asked for better placement. AMSAT Symposium flyers and sat
sheets and more were handed out to attendees.

More will be posted on my Work-Sat YahooGroup later this week.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com