Andy Thomas G0SFJ posted a great web page for a vintage Russian
geostationary satellite locator he was fortunate enough to buy at a flea
market. I modified a program of mine to use the old school Russian IMMARSAT
map as the basis for a polar projection satellite tracker.

I am sure there are many other programs out there that do the same thing.
Here are a few screen shots from yet another one. Even though the continents
look a little funky the tracks actually came out quite close to SatPC32
tracks. It does take a little while to get used to the new look of the
world. It is an equiangular projection so as you get farther away from the
north pole things look larger. Who knew Australia was so large.

http://www.tomdoyle.org/polarprojection/

http://sites.google.com/site/andythomasorg/Home/russian-geostationary

http://www.bathurst1000.com.au/  Nothing to do with sats but it was a great
race.