I hate to see this old horse beaten again but as a relatively new ham, and
new is a relative term, I passed the test the VE Team gave me. I did not
petition the FCC to do anything to make things easier or harder for me. Does
that mean I'm an idiot?  I hope not. I went to my first symposium NOT as a
member and it was because of what I found that caused me to BECOME a
member. There are people in this organization who are way beyond me in terms
of education and capability. But never has anyone in AMSAT held that over my
head. From the top on down, everyone I have met at AMSAT-NA is genuine and
willing to help anyone with a question. I wish I could say that for the non
satellite ham community.

John - AG9D

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Michael Schulz <msch...@creative-chaos.com