Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the link. On our FUNcube cubesat mission we are promoting, as one of the many educational outreach subjects, the opportunity for a group to design and build such a ranging system using the U/V linear transponder that we will be flying on board. The same functionality will also be available on UKube.

Maybe others can use this idea to help justify the presence of amateur transponders on satellites to provide independent position information. We might, however, have to ask Jim to take down his paper from the web so as not to make it too easy:)

best 73

Graham
G3VZV

or just do it yourself....

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/123.html

Sorry - I could not resist..    old AMSAT technology, almost forgotten
by most people...

73s
Peter DB2OS