From: Geoff <vk2...@ozemail.com.au>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Sent: Wednesday, 2 November, 2011 21:42:08
Subject: [amsat-bb] Satellite Tracking?

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 04:16:13 am Armando Mercado wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Well, in all seriousness, Who would
> like to post a set of keps for one (or
> all) of the amateur satellites now flying
> using the methods pioneered by
> Karl Meinzer, DJ4ZC and James Miller,
> G3RUH?
>
> I recall a few weeks ago someone
> decrying the lack technical discussion
> on the board.
>
> ...Well, here go you folks!
>
> Best 73's  Armando  N8IGJ

snipped

Hi Armando et al,

I don't know about the methods written up by Karl & James. For a long time
I've had a project using Doppler shift curves in the back of my mind
(the "target" doesn't need to cooperate). I have most of the hardware based
around my HPSDR box and a t'bolt frequency reference. The software hasn't
even progressed beyond ideas and algorithms. I haven't even picked a language
or development environment (one day).

I can see a very accurate Doppler shift curve being useful in the early days
after a multiple cubesat launch. How accurate would you need to be to
pick "your" cubesat from the crowd? One pass? multiple passes?

Anyway that's this morning's breakfast coffee ideas from me. Have fun
y'all :-).

73 de Geoff vk2tfg (/3).