I have to disagree, considering the birds we have left we do we do not want to
screw them up. The amount of power used for FM/SSB is considerable. As per
instructed by several control teams using FM on a sat that was designed forr
SSB does not cause damage but uses so much more power drain that it it not wise
because of the so many examples of birds not being able to swithch to the
desired operating mode because of voltage reduction/issues.

It is my recomendation (devised from control teams) that using FM on VO-52 or
any other SSB/Linear Bird would be shall I say futile if not stupid. I was told
to man up and get the proper equipment to operate these machines, so I hope
that this post is not out of line in some peoples perspective, being that I
know that it is true from just a year of operating experience...

Until I get the proper equipment I will not be (and should not by any means)
operating any of the Great Ones like AO-7 the Grand Master of All
Satellites.... Whomever said they were promoting this kind of operation
certainly did not know what the hell they were talking about.

Kevin
KF7MYK