This is an important debate in difficult times.

I am with G7HIA on this one, namely that *** if there is no damage to the
satellite *** a QRP (below 5w handy) operation might be considered to be
feasible on a centre frequency.

It is not our bird to give permission. There are of course two transponders on
board.

If permission were given ONLY for QRP in effect this means that WE must police
this. It would be for us to discorage alligators.

(Technically alligators can already use the bird anyway but don't).

73 de andy g0sfj