Don't be so xxx rude. I do not operate on vo52 in FM and never have.

________________________________
From: i8cvs <domenico.i8...@tin.it>
To: andy thomas <andythomasm...@yahoo.co.uk>; amsat <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, 3 December 2011, 17:39
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fw: VO52 and QRP FM

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy thomas" <andythomasm...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "amsat" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 3:41 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Fw: VO52 and QRP FM

I have expanded capabilities. I have an ICOM IC910 with the L band added
module and last operated on vo-52 in usb, and I am fluent in cw too...but
it's difficult to carry this kit by hand (hi!) so I do qrp with an Arrow as
well, from all over Europe.

And I haven't been able to get into SO-50 for some time on below 5W. AO27
only kicks in for half the pass here.

;>)

73 de andy g0sfj

Hi Andy, G0SFJ

It's impossible to access VO-52 in FM with a 5 watt HT
and arrow antennas because for a decent QSO on CW and SSB
you need at least 50 watt and a 13 dBi 70 cm antenna.

Do not try to access VO-52 in FM with your IC910

We, operators of VO-52 linear transponder on CW and SSB
in Europe we have a lot of counter measures against any FM
intruder into the VO-52 linear passband.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico