There is a bill before the US House of Representatives that would give the
President authority to remove communications satellites and related components
from the Munitions List. This would free up commercial and amateur satellite
builders to once again interact with our foreign colleagues.

ITAR regulations have caused irreparable harm to Amsat and have severely
restricted our ability to interact with our foreign colleagues. If you live in
the USA and want to help Amsat launch new satellites, contact your congressman
and ask him/her to support or possibly cosponsor HR3288, known as the
`Safeguarding United States Satellite Leadership and Security Act of 2011'.
You can locate your congressman's office on http://www.house.gov.

This information comes from:
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/november2011/will_hr_3288end_itars_chokehold_on_space_exploration.htm

Dan Schultz N8FGV