From: Mark L. Hammond [mailto:marklhamm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:53 PM
To: Vu Trong Thu; 'David Palmer'
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 transponder question

Hello Thu,

YES, the TS-2000 will work linear transponders.  You need to put the radio
into "Satellite mode" and it will do any mode in both the main and sub
bands.

The difference between satellite mode and just using the "sub receiver" is
that in satellite mode, the main side of the radio is receive only, and the
sub is the transmitter only (no receiver function).

So, check out the purple satellite mode button :)

73!

Mark N8MH