Op 28-1-2012 0:58, Bob Bruninga schreef:
The TOCALL of RK3KPK could also be a Mic-E formatted packet at a
Latitude of 3K 3K.0K in the format DD MM.mmN where message bits
determine if the digit is a digit in the call or a letter. But in my
quick look, I don't see any way that a "K" can appear. The letters P
though Y can appear if the message bits are set. And the letters A
through J can appear if a CUSTOM message is set. But I don't see a way
for K to be set. Though someone may have a glitch in their Mic-E
encoding algorithm. But then since this is a Kantronics, it would not
be generating a Mic-E packet anyway... So, close but no-cigar... Maybe
Lynn who has coded Mic-E more recently than I can see it... Bob, Wb4APR
it's not likely to be a mic-e packet because it is not an UI frame but an UA frame, in this case an ackowladge to a SABM frame or connect request.

RK3KPK connected the digi, but that does not solve who RK3KPK is and why he did it.

73 Andre PE1RDW