Just as a follow on, I stuck a watt meter on the controller I have (LVB and custom driver board) 2-3 watts idle approx 51 watts turning in AZ or EL, 48 watts stalled in one direction 56 watts stalled the other way in AZ, 56 watts stalled up 50 watts stalled down in EL, so slightly less or slightly more or about the same, no matter how you cut it not enough difference to be able to
fuse for it.
I always thought a timeout in the LVB code might be nice, I'm driving but the numbers are not
changing might be nice... but in the meantime the thermals will work..

73
Kevin WA6FWF