After a 3 month wait I finally received the replacement for a damaged gear in my G5500 azimuth rotor. Replaced the damaged gear, and the gear assembly smoothly turns both directions. However, when using the motor the rotor rotates to left at normal speed but right at about half speed. It also occasionally momentarily stalls when turning right.

If the motor is damaged wouldn't it affect both directions? There is a slight aroma of a electrical wiring left over from the failure three months ago. Suspect I need a motor replacement, but would like to confirm this with the group. Seems strange only one direction would be affected since I'd think the same windings are used in both directions. A few years ago when the motor failed it didn't move in any direction.

Incidentally, the gear that failed was the plastic gear that the motor drives (Yaesu part number PE-8601-010-A). The coax caught on a exposed bolt.

Tnx,
Ken, W7KKE