Hello All,
Looking at the discussions and the concerns expressed about VO-52,all that I can share at this moment is 'HAMSAT VO-52' is in 'Excellent Health' after recovery operations. Right now, it is under observation. However, decision about switching 'ON' the transponder is pending clearance. Decision expected in other couple of days. The user community will be informed well in advance about the transponder switching.

Note:

'HAMSAT VO-52' is the property owned, operated and maintained by the Government of India/ISRO. Hence, unlike other amateur radio satellites owned, operated and maintained by non-governmental agencies, detailed information cannot be shared with anyone in accordance with the prevailing governmental regulations.

Hope this bit of information would remove the doubts and concerns about the HAMSAT VO-52 status and this is shared with you all with the concurrence of 'HAMSAT VO-52' Operations Director, Mr. T. Parimalarangan.

with regards,

Mani, VU2WMY
Secretary & Station-In-Charge
Upagrah Amateur Radio Club VU2URC
ISRO Satellite Centre
HAL Airport Road, Bangalore-560 017.
Phone:(O)91-80-25082054/2598/2192
Mobile:  91-80-98803 41456
E-mail ID: w...@isac.gov.in
           vu2wmy_m...@yahoo.com
           isroh...@yahoo.com

fter recovery from a would like to say as a part of HAMSAT VO-52 Mission Management Board (MMB)

Quoting Stefan Wagener <wagen...@gmail.com>:

Maybe yes, maybe no.

He did it because he wanted to, NOT because we demanded it!

Stefan, VE4NSA