Hi Mani,

Congratulations on the recovery of VO-52; it's great to have our friend back.

I am curious if ISRO will be issuing some sort of report on what happened. I understand that they will have limits on what they can say, but if there is something the satellite community can learn from this, it would be good to not miss the opportunity.

Greg KO6TH

Mani VU2WMY wrote:
Dear HAMSAT VO-52 users,
The commands to 'Turn On' the transponder # 2 (Dutch transponder, made by Williams PE1RAH) on-board HAMSAT VO-52 was successfully sent during 14:00 UT 35 deg ascending Node pass over Bangalore, India.

The sent commands were successfully received, acknowledged and confirmed by the telemetry. Subsequently, the transponder # 2 is now 'ON' and Williams CW message beacon was heard again after a gap of approximately 6 years & 4 months.

The beacon signal was heard loud and strong here at Bangalore.

A detailed Initial reports addressed to:
tpran...@istrac.org
and a copy to
w...@isac.gov.in
would be greatly appreciated.

73 de

Mani, VU2WMY
Secretary & Station-In-Charge
Upagrah Amateur Radio Club VU2URC
ISRO Satellite Centre
HAL Airport Road, Bangalore-560 017.
Phone:(O)91-80-25082054/2598/2192
Mobile: 91-80-98803 41456
E-mail ID: w...@isac.gov.in
vu2wmy_m...@yahoo.com
isroh...@yahoo.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
message.