Hi Ted,

I have used all three radios (FT-847, IC-910, TS2000). They all work on
satellites more or less good. They all have their pros and cons and most of
the time it comes down to personal preference. I started my satellite work
with the FT-847 and loved the radio for that. Internal power for external
preamps etc. Never used the HF part much and did not like the difficulties
the FT-847 had working the ISS on simplex. Used a TS-2000 for a while and
had lots of fun. Is a great radio for ARISS contacts on the ISS and you can
work around the birdies. They never bugged me. Did not like the lack of
internal power for the preamps and spent too much money on sequencers etc.
However, the 23cm unit was great. Used an IC-910 and it was okay. Never
really warmed up to it and the overall experience was okay. Went back to
the FT-847 and stayed for it until I got a great deal on an IC-9100. Wow,
everything else just doesn't match up anymore. If you want the best
satellite radio (in my opinion) go with the IC-9100 and for the first time
I also enjoy HF.

Hope that helps,

Stefan, VE4NSA