Don't forget that a good way of coping with the crowds on the linear birds is
to use CW. These aren't just SSB birds, you know, and you may get some of the
CW ops interested in satellite operation. I think that the linear birds are so
much more useful for FD than the FM birds that I encourage everyone to try
them. It may take a pass or two to learn to cope with tuning and doppler, but
you will find the ease at making multiple contacts worth it. Look for W5UR. -
KK6MC