I can't explain it but have noticed the same polarity changes during a pass. Like S-9 to S-1/nothing switching between polarities with my antennas... it's been handy to actually have the ability to change polarities in the past for me. I do not have the ability to polarity switch on 2 meters, only 70 cM for the downlink.

73,

Bob W1ICW