According to Google there are 33 teams (
http://www.googlelunarxprize.org/teams ) vying for the Google Lunar X Prize.
Where are these groups getting the money for their launch to the moon? Are any
of them "for real"? Many amateur space groups are just blowing hot air, they
have a lot of enthusiasm but little understanding of just how hard space
flight really is.

The cheap launches to HEO are gone. If we want another HEO satellite we must
think outside the box. Collaborations with other organizations will be our
ticket to space in the 21st century. What if we offer to provide the
communications system for one of these lunar missions. Provide one
transponder/telemetry/command system for the lunar vehicle and build another
one to drop off in HEO on the way to the moon. Our 50 year history of space
communications gives us more credibility than anyone else in that field. Our
experience and expertise might be welcomed by one or more of these teams.
Assuming, of course, that they are for real and have funding for a launch....

Dan Schultz N8FGV