We don't need anything so fancy as springs or rubber bands. Electric
propulsion is a mature, safe technology, with many universities and
organizations developing experimental thrusters that need to be tested in
space. Some of them even use solid propellant so no need to do safety
qualification on a high pressure gas cylinder. Nothing at all to explode. That
is how we will get our next HEO satellite.

Dan Schultz N8FGV