Let me add an additional recommendation. Learn to love the soundcard. Go into
the back ACC socket on your radio, find the fixed level AF signal, and send it
over to the line in on your PC soundcard. Now you can copy most of the digital
modes with software like MixW or the programs provided by the owner of the
satellite. SatPC32 set up to Doppler track, and tweaked for time and freq
offsets, is invaluable. When you can decode a CW or AFSK beacon from AOS to LOS
and not touch the VFO, now you've really done something!

73, Drew KO4MA