Hi,

The role of the IARU frequency coordination process seems to be misunderstood.

The IARU Administrative Council tells the Satellite Advisor and his Panel to
recommend frequencies for everyone who comes with a request in order to keep
some order in the band.

The Satellite Advisor and Panel have no authority at all, particularly to
decide which projects qualify for the amateur-satellite service and which do
not, though we often raise our concern in coordination letters.

All authority rests with national administrations; not with IARU and not with
ITU.

If you do not like what you see, let the authorizing administration (FCC) know
and why, in detail, citing rules and regulations in a way to be persuasive.

I hope this helps.

73, art…..
W4ART  Arlington VA

On 3-Oct-2012, at 08:58 PM, Gus 8P6SM <8p...@anjo.com> wrote:

> On 10/03/2012 08:52 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
>> http://www.amsatuk.me.uk/iaru/finished_detail.php?serialnum=220
>>
>> And evidently coordinated by IARU!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Oct 3, 2012, at 8:47 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner<glasbren...@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/reports/STA_Print.cfm?mode=current&application_seq=50076&RequestTimeout=1000
>>>
>>> Am I reading this right? A commercial s/c operating on 145.825???? This is
>>> the camels nose under the tent, using our own packet network for automated
>>> telemetry?
>>>
>>> I can understand the uni cubesats on UHF, butthis is OUR primary
>>> allocation. We really need to protest this vehemently if they were approved.
>>>
>>> 73, Drew KO4MA
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Seems like we're all about to receive an education!
>
> --
> 73, de Gus 8P6SM
> The Easternmost Isle

Public opinion rarely considers the needs of the next generation or the history
of the last. It is frequently hampered by myths and misinformation, by
stereotypes and shibboleths, and by an inate resistance to innovation.
     -Theodore C. Sorensen, presidential advisor, lawyer, and writer (1928-2010)

   http://afeller.us