On 10/27/2012 07:31 PM, John Heath wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just updated keps for noaa weather satellites from Celestrak and find the the
> file contains mostltly birds that are no longer operational.
> How can I delete the unwanted birds.

Using GNU grep 2.5.4 on Linux:

  grep -F -f wanted.sat -A 2 weather.txt > use_this.tle

The file 'wanted.sat' is a simple text file with a list of desired
satellites, one per line.  Example (using amateur satellites):

----8<------------->8------
OSCAR 7
EYESAT-1
JAS-2
PCSAT
HAMSAT
----8<------------->8------

Grep picks any satellites that matches your listed names, and outputs
the name and the two-line data immediately following.  It adds a
separator line between each, but I've never had a problem.  AAMOF (and
correct me if I'm wrong) but the TLE format is specifically supposed to
ignore additional lines that don't conform to the TLE format.

Not running Linux?  Start today!  ;-)

Or, look for 'grep' for Windows here:

        http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm

--