Oops, you're right...  It was SORTNENG I was thinking of.

George, KA3HSW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Williamson" <kb...@amsat.org>
To: "George Henry" <ka3...@att.net>
Cc: "John Heath" <g7...@btinternet.com>; "amsat bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:16 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Orbitron help please

On Oct 27, 2012, at 9:03 PM, George Henry <ka3...@att.net> wrote:
There used to be a program called NASAWASH that would allow you to clean up a TLE file by specifying, in a text file, which birds you were interested in, and then running the program against the new TLE file each time you downloaded it. It would then output a TLE file containing only the sats you specified. I think it was available for download from the AMSAT files area.

NASAWASH is still available at http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/softwareArchive.php#pc-util or direct from me at http://www.mustbeart.com/software/nasawash.html -- but it doesn't have that feature. It cleans up a TLE file but can't select a subset of the satellites.

There are a couple of other old DOS programs still available on the AMSAT web site that do have the feature. Follow the link above and look for EXTRACT or SORTNENG.

73  -Paul
kb...@amsat.org=