Awesome feat!

John  WA4WDL

From: "Mike Seguin N1JEZ" <n1...@burlingtontelecom.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:03 AM
To: <tan...@fit.ac.jp>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; <fits...@hotmail.co.jp>
Subject: [amsat-bb] NIWAKA detected in VT on 5.84 GHz!

Hi Takushi,

Success! I was able to detect NIWAKA. It was lower in frequency that I expected, but with the Funcube, easy to spot.

The Doppler was huge! and I was moving the dish almost continuous to try and keep up. I'll edit the I&Q RF file and post it so folks can play it back for themselves.

Two quick screen shots. In the first shot, you can see the signal on the left side Doppler shifting down. In the second shot, a close up of one data burst with Doppler - about 3 secs or so...

http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1...@burlingtontelecom.net/images/NIWAKA_1.jpg
http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1...@burlingtontelecom.net/images/NIWAKA_2.jpg

The 5.84 GHz transmitter seemed to come on very close to the set time. First detection at 12:24:21 UTC.

More later.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT 29649
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Seguin N1JEZ" <n1...@burlingtontelecom.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: 5.8GHz transmission from NIWAKA

Hi Takushi,

Excellent! I'm set and waiting for NIWAKA to come up over the horizon in about an hour.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT 29649
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

----- Original Message ----- From: <tan...@fit.ac.jp>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 5.8GHz transmission from NIWAKA

Dear Mike,

We have set the delay command successfully.
NIWAKA will send the 5.84GHz at 12:24:30 on 10th Nov. (UTC)
There may be +,-,30 sec error.
Please watch!
Thank you.

Best 73