Hi Mark,

Very simple system. I was not trying to capture the pictures, but merely detect the signal. So I used my terrestrial 5.760 DEMI transverter. Measured it on the bench at 5.84 GHz, it was down about 15 dB from 5.76 G.... The transverter uses a 144 MHz IF, so simply used my Funcube set to 224 MHz.

The dish is 2' with a Directive Systems 5.76 G feed horizontally polarized. I calibrated Azimuth using Sun Alignment yesterday and left the tripod set up over night. The little green object on top is a digital inclinometer. Netbook is running HDSDR for the FunCube.

http://users.burlingtontelecom.net/~n1...@burlingtontelecom.net/images/Dish setup.jpg

Real crude, but worked. I'd like to dig up a 5.84 G preamp.....

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark L. Hammond" <marklhamm...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] NIWAKA detected in VT on 5.84 GHz!

Congrats, Mike!  That's a nice result.

Do you have details of your downconverter/receive/antenna system posted online?

73,

Mark N8MH