From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Rick Tejera
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 5:14 PM
To: 'amsat-bb'
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: High orbit satellites?

Andrew,

 I for one do appreciate the work the board and other volunteers do. It's
certainly something I'm far from qualified to do and to be honest, I
probably would not want to.

I came into the hobby long after the HEO era ended, so I can only live
vicariously through others recollections and hope "Someday"

That being said I also can see there is a new launch paradigm and we have to
adjust to it. I commend the board for accepting this and doing what they can
to adapt to the new reality.

I imagine the engineering obstacles to get a 3u Cubesat that would be viable
in HEO are many, which most likely put that well into the future.

When I give my talk on Satellite engineering principles to local clubs, the
most common question I get asked is "When are we going to get an HEO?" My
Answer is Not for a long time.

73 and looking forward to Fox..

Rick Tejera (K7TEJ)
Saguaro Astronomy Club