On 9/4/2013 12:43 PM, Gus wrote:
Truly.

However, to include operators with modest shacks, you need to allow operation on modes A, B and/or J. A satellite operating on 24.0 GHz won't be of interest to the average ham. Not until the average ham has 24.0 GHz capable antennas, feedlines, amplifiers, transceivers, etc, in his shack.
Are you trying to say that if one can not stand in their yard with a HT they will not use it?
If that is the case go for it. (that would be fine with me)

I would like to see A B J and A as well as 24GHz.

I had not problem using AO 40 as many many other did.
I will 'never" support another FM only sat.

My reason for dropping out of AMSAT was no direction other then just that.
I put together not one but two stations equipment with FT847.
If your saying it's a money thing. You have got to pay to play.
Everyone should know it's not or ever has been a poor man's hobby.
You cant get a toy-auto to go 120 but my mustang will.

John, W0JAB