Hi Burns,

There are two issues here, groups and source files.  In this case, the groups
are a part of SatPC32.
They have names like Standard, Diverse, NOAA, etc.  The newest version of
SatPC32 allows you to create
your own group names.

Then there are the source files from CelesTrak which group satellites by
function.  The CelesTrak
groupings are things like amateur.txt, cubesat.txt, noaa.txt, and tle-new.txt
for launches in the
preceding 30 days.  For instance, after launch AO-73 was in the tle-new file at
first, and either has
or will soon be moved to the amateur.txt file.  Note the amsat.all file is
created by merging the data
from several source into ones which are of interest specifically to hams.  In
one sense, that is the
most convenient, but unlike the Trak files it is only updated weekly.

Now, in SatPC32 you can assign a source file to a group.  For instance,
amateur.txt to Standard,
tle-new.txt to Diverse, etc.  One and only one source, though there are manual
ways to merge them.
You only need to do this assignment once.  So assume you have assigned the
tle-new.txt to Diverse, and
then selected the satellites you want, including AO-73.  To get AO-73 you
select Satellites, then
Groups, then Diverse and OK it, and you will then have AO-73 and whatever other
new satellites
displayed.  Since Diverse is not the default group, you will need to select the
group once each time
you start SatPC32, but not the source file.  Note that when AO-73 moves to
amateur.txt, it will
autmatically become available in the Standard list, assuming you have assigned
amateur.txt as the
Standard source file.

73s,

Alan