The original article said it didn't matter, but I put a 50 Ohm load on mine just on "General Principles".

I HATE seeing a port like that unterminated!

73, Jim  KQ6EA

On 01/20/2014 10:06 PM, Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:
At 07:09 PM 1/19/2014 +0000, Jim Jerzycke <kq...@verizon.net> wrote:
Buy a diplexer, and connect it as shown in the linked article:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J/

I also tilt both of my Yagis so they're 45* to the boom, which makes them 90* to each other.

Yes, I lose some signal on terrestrial use, but ti helped cut the coupling, and desense, down quite a bit.

73, Jim  KQ6EA

One thing I've always wondered about this is, would one what to
put a 50 ohm non inductive resister on the 2M output of the
diplexer? or shouldn't that make much difference.

KB7ADL