Hi Tony,
I'm not up to speed on the current Inmarsat Aero service, but they are most
likely using thee 4th generation satellite constellation which has numerous
small overlapping spotbeams. They also have larger area beams as well as a
global beam. There are several different aero services provided by Inmarsat for
different classes of planes. I haven't seen the report you mention so I can't
make any guesses how this relates to the footprints.
- Howie AB2S