From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of John / NS1Z
Sent: 20 July 2014 11:46
To: Phil Karn; Paul Stoetzer
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] going digital

Is there some reason why a digital signal cannot be passed thru an
analog/linear transponder? What goes in is what comes out. It seems the lack
of transponder bandwidth limits the digital signal experimenter...
Maybe that is why commercial transponders on satellites are linear. They can
take any modulation and retransmit it : AM, FM, PM or CB

The biggest problem would be the taxi-cabs etc