I absolutely agree, but I must ask you about something you said earlier:

> I am pleased that AMSAT-NA is going to move forward with a LEO
> CubeSat, single channel, analog FM transponder.  If successful, it
> will be immensely popular worldwide. My hope is that it will help
> usher in a new, improved series of satellites with more advanced
> payloads.

I'm confused. My understanding of the idiomatic expression "usher in" is
that something new and presumably revolutionary is being introduced,
e.g., to "usher in a new era".

What, exactly, will a new LEO, single channel, analog FM transponder
satellite "usher in" that none of the previous LEO, single channel,
analog FM satellites managed to usher in?

Will the tiny cubesat form factor (to which we've been relegated by the
intense competition for launches from the small satellite revolution we
pioneered) make the difference this time? If not, what will?

The most common argument I've seen for launching more analog FM LEO
satellites is that they are needed to replace existing analog FM LEO
satellites that are now failing. Is that "ushering in" something new?

--Phil