Gus,

We're not going to see another satellite with a 144 MHz yagi. The
"Mode B HEO" ship has long since sailed unless someone can come up
with the $15-$20 million or more to finish and launch Phase 3E.
However, given how rapidly technology has advanced, I'm not going to
count out a large CubeSat (the specification covers up to 27U) getting
us back to HEO some day, but it will definitely be microwave band
only.

73,

Paul, N8HM