On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:10:21 -0500, Karol Krizka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 24 March 2006 11:58, Youness Alaoui wrote:
Harry, your idea still doesn't work, because you'd have to implement so
much, Tk is not just about widgets, it's about anything graphical, so
you'll need to implement the winfo comamnd which is huge, implement the
image command, and other stuff like that, it's a lot of work, and to make
it compatible with tk's widgets, it would be huge, in the same way as
wrapping gnocl.. since all gnocl does is wrap the gtk functions, so your
wishgtk is the exact same thing as a plugin wrapping gnocl, only it will be
written in C instead of tcl.. makes no sense!
Well, I know it's big. Also wouldn't be associated with aMSN in any way. I just though to mention it here because people use Tcl/Tk here. Also probably
just adjusting existing projects (gnocl for gtk?) to be complant with the
current Tcl would lower the amount of time needed.

ok, no prob, don't worry, I wasn't scolding you :P but I still think that even if it has nothing to do with amsn, it will still be too huge, a lot of work for nothing...

Also, why don't you use
Chameleon ? I'm sure the easiest way is to write a simple program that
transforms a .gtkrc file into a tile compatible .tcl theme package, and use
the gtk images for the theme, in the exact same way the aquativo and
winxpblue themes are created (only diff is that you'll generate the .tcl
file instead of creating it by hand).. if you do it for all gtk themes,
then you get all the gtk themes, all that is left is to create a simple
extension that would get the default gtk theme and have callbacks being
called when the theme changes so it can notify chameleon to change the
theme.. how about that ?

Well, there is more to integration than just the look. There is also other things like how the widgets work. For example autocomplete. KDE widgets have
lot of autocomplete features, like recently used words and so. Also there
would be no need for so many wrapper plugins, like chameleon for look,
desktop integration to lauch file selector dialogs using commandline and so
on. As long as the wrapper makes them all work the same as classical Tcl
widgets, it would be really useful.

well, integration is completly something else, we can't do anything about the autocomplete for example... but I'm just talking about the looks... also, I wasn't sure that some themes are not pixmaped oriented, so this might cause problems, too bad! but we could still have partial support for the gtk looks...

KKRT

KaKaRoTo